Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TSwift quotes

Quotes straight from Taylor herself...


  • "Fans are my favorite thing in the world. I've never been the type of artist who has that line drawn between their friends and their fans. The line's always been really blurred for me. I'll hang out with them after the show. I'll hang out with them before the show. If I see them in the mall, I'll stand there and talk to them for 10 minutes. I don't care. I'm just a senior in high school who has a better job. Who am I to think I'm better than talking to people?"
  • "Clubs are just not where I want to be photographed. For everything I do, I think about a 6-year-old girl and her mom that I saw at my concert last night. I think about what those two individuals would think if I were at a club last night. I never want to be arrested, and I never want to get a DUI, those are my moral values. I am an over-achiever, and I want to be known for the good things in my life.”
  • "What I've learned is not to change who you are, because eventually you're going to run out of new things to become."
  • "I wish all teenagers can filter through songs instead of turning to drugs and alcohol."
  • "You only get so many firsts, every one is a blessing."
  • "I’m intimidated by the fear of being average."
  • "I think I first realized I wanted to be in country music and be an artist when I was 10. And I started dragging my parents to festivals, and fairs, and karaoke contests, and I did that for about a year before I came to Nashville for the first time. I was 11 and I had this demo CD of me singing Dixie Chicks and Leanne Rimes songs."
  • "When you're singing you can hear the echo of people in the audience singing every single word with you, and that was that big dream that I had for myself. It's happening."
  • "I write blatantly obvious songs with blatantly obvious details, and then I'm like NO! When they find out, I dunno what's wrong with me. I have issues."
  • "It feels kinda weird being back in a highschool cause i haven't been in a highschool for about a year. So um, it's kinda interesting coming back, and y'know seeing the lockers, with all the signs, the handmade signs, so being in highschool again is a little bit strange but in a good way."
  • "And Kenny Chesney is so completely nice. Genuinely nice. Like, we were all sitting around the bus after the show and he came up and sat down and talked to us for a while.. and before he left he said "I'm going to get something to eat, y'all want anything?" Like, simple things like that.. It's just.. really nice. And I really really like nice people."
  • "I pulled out my iPod and randomly selected a Grey's Anatomy episode to watch the pass the time.. And it randomly selected the episode where Denny dies, and so I started hysterically crying and couldn't stop for about ten minutes. (He was my favorite character, hands down. Why'd he have to die?) For the the record, this is the first time I've cried in a VERY long time. So I figure if the only reason I have to cry is a TV show, I must be pretty lucky."
  • "Chatting with friends and surfing the Internet is cool, but it's important to stay safe. Be smart about keeping your identity private online."
  • “I'm not that complicated. My complications come out in my songs. All you need to do to be my friend is like me.”
  • (On her win at the 2007 CMT Music Awards) I cannot believe this is happening right now. This is for my MySpace people and everybody who voted. The fans, y'all, I'm going out on tour with Brad Paisley and this is coming with me to every single [autograph] signing line so you can get a picture of the award you won for me. Thank you so much.”
  • “I love it when people say things to me in public and want to meet me, because I want to meet them! Early on, my manager told me, "If you want to sell 500,000 records, then go out there and meet 500,000 people." 
  • “I'm so excited, but really nervous, too! I've never been nominated for anything before. I've sat in the nosebleed section watching the CMT Awards for two years in a row now, looking down and hoping that maybe if I worked hard enough, I'd get to sit in the awesome seats the nominees get to sit in. And it looks like that's going down this year!”
  • “My life has gotten AWESOME.”
  • “I had this dream that Kanye West called me and said, "I wanna rap on one of your songs." Then I woke up and was really mad it was just a dream.”
  • “Guys being complicated and sending mixed signals? That never stops.”
  • “Umbrella is like, the best song over. I'm obsessed with her. Her performance at the MTV Movie Awards, when she came out in a black tutu and those sparks rained down - incredible.”
  • “I hope 20 years down the line, my songs still make an impact on people.”
  • “I never want to change so much that people can't recognize me.”
  • "Fearless is not that you’re not afraid of anything. It's having a lot of fears but jumping anyway."
  • "I'm not even going to be able to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone is 25 seconds when I was 18."
  • "See, this one even comes with a phone...so he can break up with other dolls."
  • "See, I really try to be a nice person, BUT, if you break my heart, hurt my feelings, or are really mean to me, I'm gonna write a song about you."
  • "People haven't always been there for me but music always has."
  • “That’s always the hardest thing. When someone completely has you fooled, so much that you think they’re never gonna hurt you, and then they do. That’s when you get the worst heartbreak.”
  • "FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you." 
  • "Everybody has that point in their life where you hit a crossroads and you've had a bunch of bad days and there's different ways you can deal with it and the way I dealt with it was I just turned completely to music."
  • "In high school its cool to be different the more and more further away you get from middle school Jr.High the more you realize that in the real world if you have something about yourself that is different your lucky its not a curse dont make high school everything because if high school is everything then you got a long life to live and id like to think the best years of my life are still ahead of me"
  • "I suffer from girlnextdooritis where the guy is friends with you and that's it."
  • "I have to believe in fairytales and I have to believe in love" 
  • "This song is about the best first date ever. The best first date ever has nothing to do with where you go to dinner. And the best first date ever has nothing to do with if somebody brings you flowers. Because the best first date happens when you're with the person who makes you feel fearless..."
  • "dont make high school everything"
  • "When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair."
  • "If you have something different about yourself consider yourself lucky. It's not a curse"
  • "Some of your most heartbreaking material is what could have been, and some of the most romantic material is what could be." 
  • "Whether you tell stories about how you live on a farm and cherish your family and God, or whether you tell stories about being in high school and being cheated on, they're stories about your life. That's what makes me a counrty artist."

  • "I pour my heart and soul into every song. I take advantage of that when I play live, telling them where I wrote it, why I wrote it. I'm not just out there putting on a show. What they get in the music and on stage is me."

  • "To me, Fearless is not the absense of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death."
  •  "I'm the girl who is best friends with her guitar and writes songs about everything and everyone that happens to me. Names included."
  • "I love, love, and the way that it makes you feel, and the way it drives people crazy, and the way it motivates people in certain ways, and i'm fascinated by it."

No comments:

Post a Comment